Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Junk Food, Goats & God

Okay first let me give you a little background so any of you who may read this will have a small chance of understanding the rumblings of my mind and body this week.

1) The first week of February I started a 12-week course that will hopefully help me balance my body, mind, emotions & spirit. The goal is to lose weight and understand how all these various parts of me should work together as God designed. The bonus is of course that by the end of the 12 weeks I hope to be a few dress sizes smaller before summer hits! YEAH!

2) The same week I began this course I also attended a conference at our sister church in Southaven, MS… The School of Prophetic Activation.

What follows is what happens when you put weight loss, the prophetic and a picture of a goat together! LOL!

We, the body of Christ are so much like goats… we have no discretion about what we eat or the source of what we haphazardly munch, graze or wolf down. We gobble up without thought anything & everything that comes down the road that claims to be "of God". We so desire the thrill & quick fixes that we skip over the real food our Father offers us for spiritual junk food to feed our flesh, we want to sway to the music and have “moments” but we don’t want or desire to spend time in the Word or in prayer which is of the utmost important to our spiritual health and vitality. Just like we will skip a real balanced meal to feed our body cause we don’t have time but we can’t pass up the bag of chips or a twinkie! The Word clearly sates what real food is… JESUS and the only way you are going to get to know Jesus is to stay in the Father’s Word and in regular communication with HIM, aka… prayer.


“For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.” John 6:55

The conference I attended in MS had “moments” and they were awesome but I came away satisfied and healthier because of the meat of the Word and teaching I received there. Long after the moments are a memory, the healthy spiritual food I was fed will continue to be beneficial to my spirit and walk, just like my whole wheat toast I ate this morning instead of the donut I wanted.

I really think that God is getting really tired of the body running to & fro looking for the next great thing, the next bag of chips to feed their carnal hearts. I believe with all my heart HE is saying, put down all of your spiritual junk food and get back to the basic food that the Word teaches us, we need to stop striving for the quick & easy and instead work for the food that last forever!

"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal." John 6:27

If we, if I am going to be of any use to God in furthering HIS Kingdom then we / I must be physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually balanced and fit. That is not going to happen until we the body stop answering the cries of our flesh and start answering the cry of our LORD to get about the business of our FATHER!

But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil. Heb 5:14


Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work. John 4:34

We need to back away from the twinkies and pick up the spiritual meat of the LORD!

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. (((((((((((Nora))))))))))))) Oh, sweetie!! I'm there, too!!! I am reading a book about balancing your hormones and it's all about eating right and such. And somehow it keeps applying itself to my spiritual life, also.

    ReplyDelete

Clutter, Chaos and Hopelessness

Clutter, chaos and hopelessness cause many to come to a standstill… me it causes me to come to a standstill. For the last several months my...