Saturday, December 20, 2008

Remebering how far God has brought me...Part 1

I was reading an old blog from 2006 and I can honestly say I think it was pretty good... and I can honestly say how far I feel at times from that person! FATHER GOD is working daily on this "work" in process! LOL I am going to share from time to time some of my older (and I hope helpful) blogs from another site so that I may have all my crazy thoughts and ponderings in one place and also to give a brief glimpse into a life that is being transformed on a daily basis by CHRIST! Ms. Nora's MySpace Blog blog.myspace.com/blessedbeyond63 June 23, 2006 - Friday The Value of Godly Sorrow True godly sorrow is something that we try to avoid at all cost yet for us to be used by God we must walk thru it. We are forgiven because of Christ's shed blood on the cross but there are always consequences to our sin that may show up years later and in the most unexpected ways and for the most unexpected or unknown to us sin. God choose to show me one of those sins today and allow me to walk thru the pain and grieve so that he could finally use me for what he called me to do... help others carry their burdens...because the sin was failing to help someone else carry their burden! A person who suffers from addiction, emotional, and physical problems... A most miserable unsaved man who needs Christ so badly in his life, my ex-husband. I was reading and praying earlier today and for some reason my ex-husband was on my mind and then very gently God explained to me that I had sin in this area I had not dealt with thus far... OH the grief that welled up in me for a man that treated me so badly, walked away, and left me to deal with issues I could not deal with... Who has not looked back or cared for one minute how bad it was for me and yet I am grieved at my failure to be a good Christian wife to a man who made my life a living hell! So why do I care you ask; hey he got what he deserved right? Well... God cares... and you should be glad... and I am glad HE cares... see just as my ex does not deserve my grief or sorrow over how I failed him, because of his many grievous sins he committed against me... none the less I feel hurt, shame and pain because of it and extend from my heart forgiveness and prayers of happiness and peace for him... Just as Jesus did for us! HE gave his life for a bunch of evil minded sinful careless people and he cried for us and he called to us even while we were in our sin and he waited for us to come to him and submit our hearts to him and then instead of punishing us for what we did he gave us peace and love and happiness and forgot what we did... no strings attached! We must be willing to do the same if we want to be Christ like and be of any use to him... I am now remarried to a man who loves me in the way that Christ loves us... I am treated with the utmost respect and care... the very things I denied my ex-husband... "because he did not deserve it"... yet what have I done to deserve to be treated in such a way? Just as Christ loves me, so does the man that HE has given to watch over me... who will continue to love me no matter what I might do just as Christ does... just as we should all those who have come into our life and we failed or they failed us or both. My ex-husband is just that my ex, but he is also a child who God longs to wrap his arms around and love... and I failed to show him Christ in many ways... I could be one of the excuses he uses to not accept God... God can and will send someone else to try and reach my ex-husband and will continue to do so, as HE wishes for no one to perish... the other good news is that although I failed most miserably, our Father in heaven forgave me the second I asked him to and believe me I asked and when I stand before FATHER GOD at the judgment seat... Christ will be there to defend me and say... Father she is one of mine for one reason only... the BLOOD of Christ! My prayer is that from this day forward I may be as my Savior, loving people the way he loves, treating people the way he treats them, and forgiving people the way he forgives... unto death if need be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clutter, Chaos and Hopelessness

Clutter, chaos and hopelessness cause many to come to a standstill… me it causes me to come to a standstill. For the last several months my...