Saturday, December 27, 2008

Remebering how far God has brought me...Part 2

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I think this is a timely reminder for me! Ms. Nora's MySpace Blog blog.myspace.com/blessedbeyond63 Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:12 AM Judgment and the Love of God Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest" May 5th. JUDGMENT ON THE ABYSS OF LOVE "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God." 1 Peter 4:17 The Christian worker must never forget that salvation is God's thought, not man's; therefore it is an unfathomable abyss. Salvation is the great thought of God, not an experience. Experience is only a gateway by which salvation comes into our conscious life. Never preach the experience; preach the great thought of God behind (the experience). When we preach we are not proclaiming how man can be saved from hell and be made moral and pure; we are conveying good news about God. In the teachings of Jesus Christ the element of judgment is always brought out, it is the sign of God's love. Never sympathize with a soul who finds it difficult to get to God, God is not to blame. It is not for us to find out the reason why it is difficult, but so to present the truth of God that the Spirit of God will show what is wrong. The great sterling test in preaching is that it brings everyone to judgment. The Spirit of God locates each one to himself. If Jesus ever gave us a command He could not enable us to fulfil, He would be a liar; and if we make our inability a barrier to obedience, it means we are telling God there is something He has not taken into account. Every element of self-reliance must be slain by the power of God. Complete weakness and dependence will always be the occasion for the Spirit of God to manifest His power."
Slay everything in me that is not totally and completely submitted to you, remove the rebellious self-reliance still in me and put it to death. Make me a vessel that can be used by YOU! BREAK ME AND POUR ME OUT!
11:31 AM I call HIM a Liar... "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:..." 1 Peter 4:17 KJV "... If Jesus ever commanded us to do something that He was unable to equip us to accomplish, He would be a liar. And if we make our own inability a stumbling block or an excuse not to be obedient, it means that we are telling God that there is something which He had not yet taken into account..." Oswald Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest (May 5th) I read this earlier, I blogged about it and then I blindly went on my way... I came back to it because this awful realization hit me right between the eyes, each time I put off doing what He asks of me I call Him a liar... each time I second guess Him I call Him a liar... each time I let my weakness, self reliance, pride, know better attitude, anger, bitterness and fear slow me down or stop me from walking out His will in my life I proclaim to the world I believe my Lord and Savior is a liar... If I believe in Him then I must believe what His Word says and if I believe what His Word says... then why am I not walking in the Victory that is mine and why am I still worried and bogged down by fear of what tomorrow will bring or what others will think if I just got up and did what I know He has called me to... The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps 27:1 KJV

3 comments:

  1. Nora!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((Nora)))))))))))
    I didn't know you had a blog!!!! Cool beans!!!

    I am always so humbled and touched my your writings. Thank you so much!!!

    I have quit drinking (146 days now!!!!) and am now struggling with quitting smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me blush! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I am humbled by your strength and determination to beat the enemy of addiction! You are doing great! I guess we both have come a long way since the old days at cw! I have been keeping up with you here for a few months... love the picture blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oswald Chambers! Thank for sharing! Bless you!!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Clutter, Chaos and Hopelessness

Clutter, chaos and hopelessness cause many to come to a standstill… me it causes me to come to a standstill. For the last several months my...