Friday, November 28, 2008

House Cleaning for 2009 has started... in me!

I have been on what feels like a roller coaster of emotions as issues and a horrible state of mind have taken over my life.. and some days in the last few weeks I have felt as if a I was a toddler in the Kingdom throwing a fit cause I wasn't getting it my way. What just came back to my remembrance is something I prayed recently in a prayer gathering I am blessed to be a part of in my community. It wasn't a BIG thing at the time I thought... I prayed what was on my heart and the theme was...
House cleaning... start with "us" the church / the body... yeah you know all those other folks who need it!
Then today for the first time it hit me... HE is doing just that, a little house cleaning, HE started with me AGAIN! I mean really just once can I pray a prayer and HE start with someone else first! LOL!
OH yes this self proclaimed "prayer" needs plenty of dusting and serious scrubbing... my vain little mind will run a muck without regular doses of the Word and that renewing of this beady little mind... in my case sometimes minute by minute. I would love to report I am so "spiritual" it just comes natural...NOT! What comes natural in me is to revert to old patterns and ways when I am under stress or being emotionally battered by the enemy. Then sister super spiritual in MY MIND, kicks in and says... "oh nora you can't feel this or that, you are suppose to know better" and then the battle begins in earnest for my mind, will and emotions... Then I get tired of fighting the good fight, weary of well doing and wonder if I will ever get it right... cause you know it is all about getting it right!

Then that still small voice... reminds me.... "nora... it ain't about you getting it right, Jesus already did that. All you need to do is believe in it, walk in and on the days you fail, come to ME and MY mercy, love, & strength will deal with it and help you to continue on in this walk! Sigh... I so understand some days the war that Paul speaks about in Romans...

Rom 7:19-25 NASU
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

THIS IS WHERE MY PROBLEM BEGINS... I STOP RIGHT HERE AND WALK AROUND GOING WOE IS ME MY FLESH IS WEAK I AM NEVER GOING TO BE THE EXAMPLE I NEED TO BE, but the rest of the story is right here


Rom 8:9-10 NASU
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

So if I am no longer in the flesh because Christ is in me then it REALLY is time I truly believe it, live it and walk it out. I want to teach others to know who they are in Christ, I want to see the captives, young and old, set free because I so intimately understand the many bondage's satan uses against people and the unnecessary pain and suffering we endure often at our own hand.

Housecleaning started with me SO BE IT... teach me YOUR ways LORD... so that I may be the RIGHT example of YOU... simply a reflection of CHRIST!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Clutter, Chaos and Hopelessness

Clutter, chaos and hopelessness cause many to come to a standstill… me it causes me to come to a standstill. For the last several months my...